Mr. Antell is a partner with the firm. He concentrates his practice primarily in the fields of collective and class actions as well as matters of executive compensation, false claims litigation, and various business torts. He has represented groups of Plaintiffs numbering well into the thousands, but often handles single Plaintiff cases as well. Mr. Antell takes a particular interest in wage & hour litigation and the larger issue of wage theft in general. He has been counsel in numerous engagements involving large scale corporate and public Defendants.
Mr. Antell currently serves on the Board of Governors of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and is also the Chair of its Civil Rights & Employment Law Section. Mr. Antell was selected as a 2016-2018 Virginia Super Lawyer Rising Star in the field of Employment Litigation and in 2020 was selected as a Super Lawyer in that same field.
- Mr. Antell has served as counsel in numerous successful multi-plaintiff and collective actions brought on behalf on employees who have been unlawfully deprived payment for overtime and/or minimum wage. These matters have involved both confidential and public resolutions and settlements.
- Mr. Antell currently represents, and has previously represented, any number of executive level employees from both the corporate and educational sectors. These engagements typically involve the negotiation and/or litigation of exit or severance packages.
- Mr. Antell handles complex litigation of varying size and magnitude before state and federal courts.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Richmond School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Washington & Lee University, 2001
- Virginia (2007)
- U.S. Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Virginia Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association
BUTLER ROYALS, PLC 140 Virginia Street Suite 302Richmond, VA 23219804 • 648 • 4848